Posted on March 01, 2021
In order to create a strong story, start with a diagram.
• Central Idea - What is the point of your story?
• Story Arc - Which story arc (comedy or tragedy) best suits your central idea?
• Setting - Where does your story take place?
• Conflict - Based on your Central Idea, what is your story about?
• Resolution - Based on your Central Idea and your Story Arc, how should your story end?
• Create the bones (structure) first then flesh it out (add the details)
• Make sure your conflict directly connects to your resolution
• The good (story) is the enemy of the great (story) - Don’t settle!
• Find a community of storytellers with whom to share your work.